Whether you are looking to sell, buy, rent or sublet a marina berth then an independent broker can be invaluable to the process. Why should you engage their services rather than going it alone?
If you are a marina berth owner with a berth to sell or a berth to sublet
• A well established berth broker will have a lists of clients who are actively looking for berths. Meaning your berth may get sold or sublet quickly.
• Your independent berth broker knows the market. As with any other product, prices rise, they also fall. You can be sure of sound advice when it comes to putting a price tag on your marina berth.
• Berth brokers will have dealt with the complex nature of buying or subletting a marina berth before. They will know who to work with to ensure the process is as simple as it can be. This will help keep all parties happy and minimise any chance of stalling.
• Independent berth brokers are few and far between. During your search you will find boat brokers and estate agents that broker berths. This will split their time between their main line of business and trying to sell your berth – of which they are not an expert.
Our advice – If you want to sell a boat, go to a boat broker. If you want to sell a house go to an estate agent. If you want to sell a berth, go to a berth broker.
Triangle are part of the Waterside Properties network that specialise in waterside homes. We are on hand to offer advice to their estate agents and home owners about boat moorings and pontoons on properties.
If you are a boat owner looking for a berth to buy or a berth to sublet or rent
• Firstly, their independent advice won’t cost you a penny – but will be invaluable during your search. If looking for annual berthing, prices quoted are the same as going to the marina directly.
• They have current listings of berths that are for sale, rent or sublet.
• If none of those currently available fit your needs. They will search and offer you options. If nothing is suitable, they will keep your details on file so that you can be contacted if a suitable marina berth becomes available.
• You may be looking for an annual berth to rent. Your independent berth broker may have a sublet available at the same marina. Not a lot of people are aware that some marina berths are owned by individuals and not the marina group.
• By subletting one of these marina berths you are usually able to save VAT vs the cost of renting the berth directly from the marina.
• Save yourself time and having to hear lots of sales pitches. A good independent berth broker will ask you questions to determine what kind of boater you are, and what you are looking for in a marina. They can then offer you options. Once you have decided on a marina, your berth broker will work with your chosen marina to complete any paperwork. You will usually pay the marina directly for the berth. It will be the same price as you would have got going direct.
Triangle is Europe’s leading independent berth brokerage. Since 1990 we have specialised in the sale and sublet of marina berths and moorings in the UK and Europe.
• For boat owners, we aim to link them with the perfect marina for them to berth their boat.
• For berth owners we offer the facility to list their marina berth for sale or marina berth for sublet.
• For marinas or new developments, we are able to offer consultation services. We are then able to sell lease berths or rent marina berths on their behalf.
We hope to help you find the perfect location to berth your boat.